Oscraps

The Holiday Album No.1
whatnext

The Holiday Album No.1

Anna Aspnes is taking us along on her Holiday Album journey on her blog. http://annaaspnes.typepad.com/anna/2012/01/the-holiday-album-pages-2-and-3.html i decided to document my own Christmas this year. it was a bear. i just might have to blank out some of the journaling! but, hey. i'm keepin' it real. Anna's Holiday Album templates make it so easy to document you own Holiday. why not jump in and get Holiday 2011 down "on paper," no matter WHAT it was like! i'm keeping mine very VERY simple.

my intro journaling. sorry if this seems like an enormous DOWNER. sometimes things just are what they are:

what is the use of art and remembrance unless we can tell the truth. or at least the truth as we saw it at a moment in time? here is a record of The Truth of Christmas 2011, written without much time or distance between My Perceptions as i create
these pages and The Event itself. i make these pages for Myself, so that i can rethink what has passed. i make these pages for The Future, so that anyone who wishes to do it can know me through my writing and my art. this is also to remind
Anyone who believes that theirs is the only Terrible Christmas that there is at least one other who has left Christmas behind in a haze of Mistaken Expectations: about Family. about the way The World works. about Christmas itself. about Everything.

TFL

Anna Aspnes Designs
The Holiday Album No.1 http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=28920&cat=402&page=1
Artplay Palette Sophistica http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=28884&cat=387&page=1
I just love it when I open the gallery and there is a page from you - your journalling as always is "there", maybe not such a great Christmas but definitely a great page.

Absolutely. Layoffs, sickness, deaths and kids moving away happen during Christmas or any other day. We all have some great holidays mixed with the bad. Love that you kept this "real." . . . and I love the reason(s) you created this!

smiling... and you know my feelings about this Christmas past... you will do this masterfully Phylis and your take will be a wonderful journey... cathartic I hope... I can hear the growl...

Wonderful page and great journaling!! I know the feelings as our family Christmas was not what it should have been!! Things seem so much worse at the holiday season!! There is always hope for the New Year!!!

I love your decision .. it's a brave decision.
Your statement about art and remembrance is so .... true!

Your non-photo-design is fabulous.

H
You are right.....it's not all about the "WONDERFUL" and I have really come to realize myself that the "holidays" are more like "hollowdays"....I see the pretty picture in my head of what it should be and that AIN'T HOW IT IS at our family get togethers. I am taking your start here.....I think I will just do something similar...just so my books will let my future family know that if the family is still as dysfunctional as it is now.....those ROSIE POSIE Christmas won't happen....so go away on vacation..AHAHA!!! Thanks for this sweetie!!! I LOVE IT...I TRULY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
whatnext
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout