Oscraps

The Druid Tree
musicmom3

The Druid Tree

The little word strips in the elements pack of this Artplay Palette reminded me that I had a story to tell about once upon a time.

Products:
Kinsfolk Artplay Palette **COMING SOON**
Tree Brushes No. 2 **COMING SOON**
also
House: Thrive Artplay Palette http://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Thrive.html

Notes on Photoshop Elements 14

I started with Artsy Paper #1 as my foundation, then layered over it, on color burn mode, a photo that I had snapped off my back deck, which I had first run through a few apps on my phone to get an oil painting effect. I put in the string of birds along the top (linear burn mode), then nestled in the tree brush. I created a reasonable facsimile of the house we lived in by assembling duplicates of the Thrive cabin, and added a stick figure (that's me!) in the window. I then added journaling, the title, and embellishments. The transfers and overlays in this Artplay Palette are particularly luscious, and so I couldn't resist adding a few toward the bottom of my layer stack, just to lighten up the sky and give the effect of clouds.
I love your title to begin with, but then all the special touches really make this page, and the tree itself is so perfect too!

love your cluster with the title! awesome blending and background and love the journaling! fantastic page!

Beautiful page! I love how the page design is all about the story. It's a wonderful tree photo and the birds on the wire are my favorite part.

OMG!! This is just so beautiful!! What a wonderful page about a very special time and place in your life!! I love the little sketch in the window of your house and the way you anchored your birds on a wire with a button! So darn gorgeous!!

What a wonderful story!! Love how you built the page of pieces to make your story come alive (especially your stick figure in the window). This is so clever and always so artistic. I also really enjoyed your process notes. Thanks for sharing your wonderful expertise and unique view.

You just blew my mind again with your beautiful artistry! Wonderful journaling and page!

amazing art. love the symbolism and photo effects. (i, too, loved a magnificent oak when I was younger.)

You've captured the mystery of the Druids with those spectacular colors. There is magic in your page. Love your self portrait in the window, wonderful touch.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout