Oscraps

The Christmas Angel
KAPOH

The Christmas Angel

JOURNALING:
The Christmas Angel
This topper means "Christmas" to me as she decorated our annual tree in my youngest memories of that magical holiday season. She must be close to 70 years old now. But, it was the year she disappeared that stands out most vividly. I can't say exactly when it was, but I remember being devastated that she was GONE. We looked all over the house, to no avail. The very next year, however, she was back, looking down on the festivities from her tall perch atop the REAL (we always had a "real" tree in those years) tree.
THE REST OF THE STORY: It turned out that, the Christmas before the "tragedy," we'd spent at our Grandma's house in Southern Ohio. We'd taken our ornaments to decorate the family tree and she, as usual, was the topper. Apparently, when the tree was taken down and the ornaments packed up, some of them had been placed in a separate box and taken out to the old "washhouse." My father, after seeing how upset his little twin daughters were over the angel being missing from the Christmas tree, figured out what must have happened. That summer, he visited his Mom unbeknown to the rest of the family, found the treasure, and brought her home without telling anyone.
Having her back where she belonged, atop our tree, was the BEST Christmas present we'd ever received.
CREDITS: PHOTO: by me; KIT: "Snowy Days" by Reginafalango; FONTS: Christmas Card; Oldnewspapertype
Wonderful storytelling. It must have been magical to have her return to the top of your tree. Beautiful page for your angel.

What a great story! I love that the angel is the star of this page! So appropriate.

What a great story to document. I love your view of the window and snowy outside. Lovely page.

What a wonderful story! I'm so glad the angel was found again! I love how you put her atop the tree here and created a snow background scene. Lovely page in every way.

Ohhh, so cute story! Love the scene that you created for your angel here. And she is so beautiful topper!

thank you for sharing your wonderful story ... I love the idea of having a family tree and decorating all together ... love your page.
Thanks for playing along in my challenge!

Layout information

Category
2020 12 Days of December Event
Added by
KAPOH
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout