Oscraps

The censer, Santiago de Compostela
myla

The censer, Santiago de Compostela

If you attend the mass of the pilgrim, at noon, you will see rocking(tossing) under vaults an enormous censer of silvery, high brass of 1,60m and weighing more of 50kg. It is the botafumeiro to the spectacular oscillation, that amounts in more of 20m of height to mean shaving the ground in a 68 kph speed by leaving behind him a fine trail of smoke and incense. A team of eight men(people), tiraboleiros, activates the rope which commands(orders) the movement of the botafumeiro. This rite, one of the most popular of the cathedral, continues probably for 700 years, in sign of spiritual purification. The current censer dates the environment(middle) of the XIXth century.
I always learn something new when I see your pages! Love how you write the story/journaling. Love the effect on the cathedral.

Gorgeous photos and page. I love your treatment on the background photo, the contrast of colors and your description.

Love the way you've used the frame and your sketch is beautiful! Great contrast!

gorgeous photos and page. thank you for the description. it was very interesting. this must be very beautiful to see in person.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
myla
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout