Oscraps

The Best Gift
petey111

The Best Gift

Here's my layout for this week's Holiday Style Designer Spotlight!! Check it out and play along here: https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15120

Bkgrnd paper from Holliewood Designs "Kitchen Fridge"
Elements from Holliewood Designs "Pop Christmas"
Box is from Holliewood Designs "Junkyard"
Word Art is from the Sue Cummings freebie for the challenge!
Leather coat from Google Image Search results

I can still remember it like it was yesterday. It was Christmas 1988. Growing up with two older brothers meant that I often was an accessory to peeking at Christmas presents before the big day. They were experts at finding, even unwrapping presents and wrapping them back up without Mom knowing. This particular Christmas I was desperately hoping for one thing...and so far, hadnt found it. All the cool girls had one, and I really wanted one too. When I went to open the big box on Christmas day, Mom positioned herself so she could see my face. As I pulled the brown leather bomber jacket out of the box, I lit up as bright as the tree. I had no clue that she had managed it. She often told me that was one of the best Christmas presents for her, seeing the pure joy on my face that morning. I wore that jacket until it about fell apart. The lining was ripped when I finally gave it up. It was one of best gifts ever!
I LOVE this page Sara! I love the way you brought the story to life...as if I were right there watching unfold. And beautifully composed page. Truly awesome!

absolutely love it Sara!! Love the gift under the tree...makes it such a real deal! Off to do my page now!!!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
petey111
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout