Oscraps

The Amish
CarolynMc

The Amish

Back to working on my travel books . . plugging away at my Philadelphia/Boston/Maine journey . . .

This layout is from Lancaster County area which has been on my bucket list for ages. Denise Finnegan Dewire and I had an amazing time there even though the heat was scorching . .. 110 degrees F . . .. whoa that takes your breath away

Used a combination of APP Evanish and Sparkle . .. brushing out some areas to incorporate the layer below . .. also used brushes from both palettes, recolouring and changing opacity. The photo was turned to sepia, and then the first layer is colour burned and the top layer I used normal but at a lower opacity in order to get some of the stronger colour through as I thought the layout needed a punch of colour.

Also used some tree brushes behind the carriage and changed their blending mode to add just a subtle touch and not really stand out.
Love the sepia tones! It always surprises me to see a horse drawn buggy driving down the highway. Lancaster is beautiful and has some wonderful quilt shops! Lovely page!

Love this Carolyn! - hope I get to visit that area one day - you have done a beautiful job!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
CarolynMc
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout