Oscraps

SUNDOG ? - Gentle Morning
lacy

SUNDOG ? - Gentle Morning

I took this picture a while ago and had no clue what it was. I just thought it was strange. I found out later it's called a Sundog, a bright spot appearing in the sky on either side of the sun, caused by the refraction of light through ice crystals in high clouds.

I clipped my photo to the fotoblendz layers from Scenic Template Album 1, p1, and recolored the other layers as needed. Then I placed Gentle Morning Solid Paper 1 below. Embellished with Gentle Morning Elements, brushes, overlay1 and 2, art stroke, splatter brushes, MultiMedia Birds 1-5 blue birds and white splatter, Brumal blue button, button threadz, urban stitchez, Sky Transfers 2-1A and Take Flight 2-5 brush. I used a similar font to the Gentle Morning SUN with the wood layer style for the 'sundog' text, with a similar wood layer style. I finished with a Composite Layer on top (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+E) with blend mode soft light @50% opacity.
Credits list
ArtPlay Gentle Morning On Sale Now through Wed. 9 am, Feb. 22.
Scenic Template Album 1, p1
Urban Stitchez 13-6
Button Threadz 1-4
ArtPlay Brumal (blue button)
MultiMedia Birds 1-5 (blue birds), included in the ArtPlay Gentle Morning Collection
Sky Transfers 2-1A
Splatters 11-13 (white)
Take Flight 2-5
This is really great! I love the beautiful photo and all you added, the colors are awesome!

A stunning sky for sure, it’s great that you managed to capture the moment! Love the horizontal design and the way the leaves and branches spread over the page!

What a great photo, and thank you for telling us how the phenomenon came about.
Wonderful page !

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata