Oscraps

Summer's End
tylertooo

Summer's End

Journaling Reads: When Megan was growing up, her family would visit the Santa Cruz Boardwalk on Labor Day weekend to enjoy the last weekend of summer. Now Megan carries on this tradition with Cora. For 2015, Cora, Mom and Grandma took the drive to the Santa Cruz to say good-bye to summer.

Everything by Anna Aspnes:
ArtPlay Palette Summers End (coming soon)
UrbanThreadz Flowers No. 1 (coming soon)
ArtsyLayered Template No. 207 (coming soon)
Summers End WordART No. 1 (coming soon)

My Proscess: I love digital scrapbooking for pages like this. I wanted to scrap these photos of Cora on the slide, however, the slide just didnt work with this kit, as it was bright turquoise. I could have changed the photos to black and white, but I really didnt want to do that. My fix was to use the Hue/Saturation command, and to change just the Cyan channel, to change the turquoise to green. I had originally begun this layout using the new template, but began another page by beginning with a cardstock, and adding the transfer to the upper left corner. Then, from the template, I dragged in different layers, beginning with the 3 photos. I then dragged various stains, and artstrokes, etc. from the template, I added the WordART, button, wordstrip, and UrbanThread flowers. I added the title, adding a stroke and shadow to it. I then noticed the gorgeous dark green textile textured paper from the kit, and dragged it in under the transfer layer. I placed the paper on blend mode overlay, and used the inverted masking technique to begin painting it just the area under the photos, including a bit to the right of the transfer. I copied the paper, and to the top copy in the layer stack, I masked all but what was just under the photo. I modified this upper copy to change its color to a deep reddish brown, and changed its blend mode to linear light. Yippee I was done! I hate when there are obstacles to my finishing a page, but am so pleased when it finally comes together.

Fonts: Pillowbook, Eras Medium ITC
Tfl
Santa Cruz on Labor Day...a wonderful tradition! Fun to see previews of the new products...love those UrbanThreadz Flowers!

Love the series of photos, their placement, and of course the new APP.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
tylertooo
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout