Oscraps

street children
anneofalamo

street children

Street children are the worst victims of child labor in Nepal. Life on the streets has always been unstable, but it is further unstable in Nepal due to the deteriorating socio-economic infrastructure.
The life of the Nepalese street children is so pathetic that with the little money they make by street based jobs, such as rag picking, begging, porting, flower selling, newspaper selling, street vending, and shoe shining, they cannot afford one full meal a day, and most of the time they are hungry. It is hunger that is forcing them into criminal activities, and the ultimate reward they get is mob beatings or a jail term.
To survive, every street child has to work very hard and in many ways they are threatened with various forms of violence. Many such children develop physical complications related to their hazardous work and unhygienic living conditions. As a result, they become apathetic to social norms and values.Police often beat, harass, sexually assault and even torture street children. They may beat children for their money or demand payment for protection to avoid false charges, or for release from custody. They may seek out girls to demand sex. For many street children, assaults and thefts by the police are a routine part of their lives. Some are even killed by police.
This kit is done by The ViVa Artistry created this kit Katmandu Love, and is a charity kit.[/url] All proceeds will go to SEWA (http://sewaconnected.org/). Check their site to see what they are doing.
Land sakes ALIVE this is soooooooooooooo stunning! Oh my word, what a work of pure art. That photo... oh my and your journalling... so heartfelt and precious! Breaks my heart!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
anneofalamo
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout