Oscraps

Stranded-in-Belgrad
T

Stranded-in-Belgrad

This is for Sunshine's Quote Challenge:

using Springish Notion by Chris Greiser available at Sunshine Studio Scraps

Journaling:

In the summer of 2006 I tried out the adventure of making a trip to Kosovo by train. In Belgrad I missed my connection, so I had to spend six hours in a foreign country, I didnt know anything about, except a lot of horrible stories. I was really overwhelmed by all the different impressions I got there. It was strange walking through streets with bombed houses along with modern and historical buildings, seeing police armed with machine guns on every corner. Honestly that really scared me, because they did not look very friendly and I had no good experience with the Serbian police. I was glad I found a McDonalds and this nice little park for the kids to spend the time we had to wait. But the people were very friendly and helpful and I was glad most of the younger people spoke English so I was able to communicate with them. This trip gave me a clear impression on what war really is. It is different if you see such things only on TV compared to when you stand in front of a destroyed house in real life!
There are no comments to display.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
thunderdragon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout