Oscraps

Sprouse Family, Aug 1956 - Quaintville
lacy

Sprouse Family, Aug 1956 - Quaintville

Family Photo from August 1956. My mother's family, she's on the porch next to the left pole, white blouse, dark skirt. Her mother is in the same colors on the far right. The rest are cousins, her sisters, and an aunt. I found ArchiTextures brush 7-4 worked well with the photo, which was black and white, easily blended together using Color Fill Adj. Layers.

Process: I started with the black and white photo and loaded ArchiTexture brush 7-4 with blend mode Linear Burn and a Color Fill (sepia tone, blend mode normal) then duplicated the brush/Adj Layers and reduced opacity to 54%. Then I clipped my photo to FotoBlendz Overlays 10-1 (with some masking), resizing and tilting to fit the roof line on the brush, adding a Color Fill and Levels Adjustment. Placed a duplicate copies of the fotoblendz and color fill below that. Next, I added Solid Paper 1 below and Artsy Paper 1 above that, blend mode Darker Color. Embellished with Quaintville transfers, elements, Handscript 1 brush 3, other elements, word art and date. I added a Color Fill Adj (Linear Burn, 47% opacity) and clipped Quaintville Transfer 2 to Quaint Wood Word.
Credits list
ArtPlay Palette Quaintville, on sale now through Apr 12, 9am EST.
ArchiTextures 7
FotoBlendz Overlays 10
Quaint Word Art Mix 1 (quote, wood word)
Handscript 1 Brushes, just released and now on sale.
MultiMedia Flowers 6-2 (fotoglows, brown splatter, doily, urbanthreadz)
ArtPlay Palette Anaphora (embroidery flower)
ArtPlay Palette Antiquity (clock)
ArtPlay Palette Mini Aoristic (butterfly)
ArtPlay Palette Mini Arbre (bird)
MultiMedia Documents 8-5 BONUS (brass bush)
Urban Stitchez 18, just released and on sale now.
Eunoia Word Art Cluster 1-4 (partial)
  • Love
Reactions: isDK
Amazing! Love how your family blends perfectly with ArchiTexture brush.

I love how your family is pouring out of the house to be met by the embellishments pouring in from the other direction.

What a great use of this archi-brush! love the way you surrounded the edge with greenery and orangery!

Wonderful use of the architexture brush! Fantastic blending. Love big family photos.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename