SueCummings

"special" ness

Inspired by one of Amanda's layouts...
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/33447/cat/500/ppuser/8555

Credits: Simply {Spring} Paper by Sue Cummings
Paint: Melgen Designs

Journaling reads:
Dear Sweet Em,
You are so perfect and sweet and I have so much to learn from you.
Em...almost a teenager and yet you are like an infant. You can't talk with "words" but yet you communicate with me. You talk with your smile, your cries, your whining and your giggles...but now you are learning to communicate with us using your PECS.

PECS (picture exchange communication system) has changed your world! You are just like Helen Keller when she discovered that finger spelling had meaning. It is so exciting to see you grow and learn and to see you so happy!

My dear sweet "Em" you have so much to tell us! You can initiate a want or need and your whining has decreased. Could it all have been that simple? Some pictures and a sentence strip for you to velcro them on to? Words now have meaning to you because YOU have the power to speak with your pictures. To tell US what YOU want! Now as one of your teachers, a new challenge is to teach you to wait and be patient. You can't always have what you want. Your new lessons include having to wait, to work for your wants, and to be patient. Are we asking too much or not enough? How far will you take this new learning experience of communication?
Sue, this is so amazing!!! The journaling is so touching, I admire you and the difference you are making!

Wow Sue! This is sooo cool. I love the journaling! And I love the title! And the colorful photo looks great on this page.

Layout information

Category
Sue Cummings
Added by
SueCummings
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout