Oscraps

So Proud: Challenge One
zlemon

So Proud: Challenge One

This challenge was to journal about something you are proud ofa tough one for me. Women are not encourage to "toot our own horn" or even acknowledge when we do something well. (Excuse the broad generalization, but this was true for me growing up. Yet I do hope it is changing for this generation.) It was difficult to come up with a recent accomplishment or moment that made me feel proud; I finally decided to focus on how proud I am to be my Uncle's niece. He simply is a kind, thoughtful, intelligent man filled with integrity. He is my inspiration to live a happy, joyful life. At 83, he wakes up every day happy to have another chance to have some fun. Oh, did I mention that he has a wicked sense of humor too?

So I was tickled pink when Somerset Digital Studio magazine selected my art of him for a spotlight article. I was proud to write about how he is my inspiration and how special his is to me.

Journaling if you're interested: Do you have a favorite Uncle? A wonderful man in your life who always supports your crazy ideas, who gives you great advice and who connects you to your parents history. Lucky me, I do. My Uncle Don is all that and more. Much more. And hes the last link to my heritageon both sides of my family. So he is exceptionally special to me. Before his last birthday I went to a very well known card shop to find the perfect card. I wanted to honor the years my Uncle has been the patriarch of my family. Big mistake! Of the three (yes, only three) cards available for Uncles none worked. One was too sappy, one was not sappy enough and the last one cost the price of Venti iced-espresso drink! Sheeeeesh!! Whats an artsy girl to do but design an extra-special card for her wonderful Uncle? So I did just that using a recent photo his son posted on Facebook. I was pleased with the result, but most importantly, so was my Uncle Don. Hmmmm, now I wonder if I should design a card line for Uncles including all the extra-special Uncles??

Used Anna Aspnes' mini-Palette Honor.

Thanks for looking!
What a wonderful tribute to a special sounding man. And congrats on the publication!

Love the card you created. Know I haven't seen one I like as much for the males in my family. And have to say after reading your journaling that I'm reminded not so many people love us that we can afford to leave our appreciation of them to the end of life. You did well. A great tribute. Congrats.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 1
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout