Oscraps

Snowball Cookies
Miki

Snowball Cookies

These cookies have always been one of my favorite Christmas cookies. When I found out that they were my adult daughter's favorite too, I started giving them to her as a birthday present (which is on Christmas Day). It has become a tradition.

Anna Aspnes
Recipe Template Pack 2 (page 5) (new October 23, 2020)
Artplay MiniPalette Jocund (paper, string) Artplay MiniPalette Jocund
Artplay Palette Sugar (label word, word transfer) Artplay Palette Sugar
Artplay Palette Shabby Christmas (paper, brad) Artplay Palette Shabby Christmas
Artplay Palette Santa Christmas (doily transfer) Artplay Palette Santa Christmas
Artplay Palette Kristtorn (splatter) Artplay Palette Kristtorn
Artplay Palette Across the Miles (splatter) Artplay Palette Across the Miles
MultiMedia Baked 1 MultiMedia Baked 1
FotoBlendz Overlays 15 FotoBlendz Overlays 15
AnnaBlendz Artsy 3 AnnaBlendz Artsy 3

Process
Page 5 from Recipe Template Pack 2 was opened up and the text area resized smaller, then slightly rotated. Solid paper 2 from Mini Jocund was used as the foundation of the page. Artsy paper 1 was clipped to the large mask and adjusted to allow for some of the color and texture to show through. Solid paper 2 from APP Shabby Christmas was clipped to the smaller top mask. The photo was clipped to a fotoblendz mask and placed on the right side of the page. A colored overlay was clipped to the stitching to make it stand out more and frame the area. The title was added (with a custom drop shadow). A layer mask was clipped to the text. Using a brush from AnnaBlendz Artsy 3 part of the title was hidden giving it a more transparent look. The doily transfer from APP Santa Christmas was placed at the top adding more texture. The page was completed by adding text, splatters and dimensional embellishments.

Thank you for looking
I love the way you use these templates! The center divide/focus is so eye-catching!

Great photo and I love the red stitching. There's a hotel we love in Santa Fe that has a very similar recipe which is a traditional Mexican cookie. They serve them every evening with wine and brandy. :) Yum.

Une trs belle page pour les " gourmandes " Miki, jolie tradition familiale.

Adore everything. My family calls them Russian tea cakes. Two years ago right before Christmas, I was baking these when the furnace repairman came. Out of the corner of my eye, I would catch him sneaking a few every time he had to get something from his truck. And for some strange reason he made several trips. I laughed and gave him a sack full. Twas the season!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout