Oscraps

Skeletons in the closet
Applechick

Skeletons in the closet

One of my other hobbies is researching our family tree so I was intrigued to see the results of my DNA test; I wasn't expecting anything too exciting and that has proved to be the case until lately I have 2 (2-3rd) cousins that I can't place. I messaged one of the 'cousins' to see if we could work it out together; she read the message but no reply so I guess that's a NO! Anyway, I'm continuing to investigate the mystery of this new American cousin, it's a puzzle!

This is one of those pages that I can't talk you through because I did it late at night and I can't remember what I did apart from the fact that I wasn't happy with it initially, selected a number of layers and rotated to the side added the lined paper underneath then used a soft eraser to reveal some of the initial Artsy paper I had used as a foundation earlier. Added elements, lace, changed modes, selected a glow to the type layer, added an illustration of a pram from the internet ... You can tell I'm not terribly methodical in my work practice...:-/
Credits list
ArtPlay Collection Uncanny + BONUS is Now On Sale until 3 Nov 2023
Uncanny Collection: https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Uncanny-Collection.html
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon and myla
That's really a fascinating hobby with lots of rabbit holes to explore. I was recently contacted by a first cousin (lots of estranged people in my family history and many cousins just blipped off the radar), and I chose not to get into family stuff with her. So I get why people don't always leap to make a connection--but I'm hoping your skeletons will flesh out over time! A good use of the supplies here.

That's really a fascinating hobby with lots of rabbit holes to explore. I was recently contacted by a first cousin (lots of estranged people in my family history and many cousins just blipped off the radar), and I chose not to get into family stuff with her. So I get why people don't always leap to make a connection--but I'm hoping your skeletons will flesh out over time! A good use of the supplies here.
I'm not interested in a relationship per se, but I just would like to know how they fit in my family tree. I've got a suspicion that my Grandmother was an 'unofficial' adoption and this may be the first clues but who knows; we're talking back to the 1883 but also I might be barking up the wrong tree - not for the first time! :)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Applechick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-collection-uncanny-fiona-dark-skeletons.jpg
File size
1,004.7 KB
Dimensions
1000px x 1000px

Share this layout