Oscraps

SIR Retirement!
SharLamb

SIR Retirement!

Today is probably the most fun I've ever had making a scrapbook page. I went back through more than 20 years of photos searching for pictures of my husband wearing his beloved pink SIR shirt.
Journaling:
Dave acquired several of these shirts back when Andy was racing his bike at, what was then called, Seattle International Raceway. Although he would sometimes wear the yellow one for yard work, it was the pink one so often, he was teased interminably about it. He actually had two or three pink ones he alternated.
Today Dave announced it was the final laundering of his pink SIR shirt--that he planned to send it to the rag bin. I wouldnt hear of it! After it came out of the dryer for the final time, I folded it reverently, and placed it in my drawer of mementos. I thought for sure he would want to be buried in it when the time came, but no! He wants to be buried in a golf shirt. I suppose if I called the local TV news, theyd send a reporter and cameraman out to cover this event, but everyone knows what a quiet guy Dave is. So were just acknowledging the retirement privately.

PS: I couldnt even find an SIR bicycling shirt on eBay, so Im pretty sure it is priceless. ;)

Template: Anna Aspnes_FotoBlendzAlbumTemplate5B_Pages4
Oh how fun!!! I absolutely love the journaling & photos. Such a pity to have a low-key retirement of such a high profile shirt. I'm glad you saved it from the rag collection. Great one, Sharron.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
SharLamb
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout