Oscraps

School Days
Applechick

School Days

It's been so long since I posted here that I forgot how to do it - grimace emoji - Since October 2019 it's been full on with lots of things but mainly my mother's health and the realisation in the summer that she had Dementia and could no longer live alone. She is now in a Care Home but of course because of Covid I can't actually go indoors to visit and our contact has to be in the garden, one 20 min visit a week with me 2 metres away and in a mask; this is not ideal for someone with Dementia who most of the time forgets that I'm her daughter. At the moment because of an escalation of Covid rules in Scotland there is no visiting at all. I made her a book with pages I had already done plus some new ones so that the Care staff could look at it with her and chat about her life, it seems to have been a success but everyday is different...

Sorry, but I actually didn't take a note of which Artplay Palette etc I used...
Reactions: agilchrest
Your page is beautiful but brought tears to my eyes as I read your story. I'm so very sorry for your mother's dementia. I pray things will change and you will be able to be with her again. ((( Big Hugs )))

A fantastic image. It is really clever the way you enlarged the one face, I assume your mother, so that it is a focus. Your introduction is so very sad and unfortunately in these times a too familiar one being told. Many hugs.

Oh goodness.. I have often wondered about you and the disappearance of your lovely art in the gallery. Your journey touches my heart and I wish you and your family strength to cope.About this lovely page.. you may have forgotten how to post but you have not forgotten how to inspire.I love your blues, grays,and artful blending.

Love the photos and the bits of color and texture adding so much death.
I missed you and am glad you caught us up. But I feel that sadness of her not recognizing you sometimes. I don't have dementia but two friends who kept my artwork for thirty years and show me things and I have no memory. It's so strange to absolutely not connect to your own past, and I bet it bothers her too. Hugs.

So, so good seeing your post F... hoping the book has been healing for you as well... as you remember I did the same for my mom... your creativity is a breath of fresh air... not a journey we wanted to walk but what a gift you are to her... praying for peace for you both Fiona...

I hope the album helps you recall beautiful moments for your mom !! Sad story ...
Glad to inspire us again with her work Fiona!

Remlem, hogy az album segt felidzni szp pillanatait anyukjnak!! Szomor trtnet ...
rlk, hogy alkotsaival ismt inspirl minket Fiona!

This is heartbreaking and heart-warming all at the same time. Loving the old photo blended.

Fiona, so nice to see your post again! Sorry about your mom and how COVID affects you visiting her. Hopefully, soon the vaccine will come. It is wonderful that your photo book inspires her. ((hugs))

I am sorry about your mom. I hope that caregivers take lots of time to go through your book with her. Beautiful page.

How awesome to see your multi-talented self back in the gallery! NOBODY does it like you. It seems like life has just been one big challenge lately, right? I like your idea of the book. The physical presence of an object can have surprising effects. Every day indeed is different.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Applechick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout