Oscraps

Riding the Rail
SeaShelly

Riding the Rail

Riding The Rail

The Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railway
This was such a fun little trip, full of history. The conductor was such a charming man. I got a chance to converse with himso very interesting.
I always write a journal of our motorcycle trips. Our club magazine publishes my photos and stories. Here is an excerpt from that magazine, of this part of our trip:

The rail yard is filled with old rail cars and related items. All from a time past, reminders of how far we have come. The station has a lot of memorabilia, like a mini museum of sorts. I noticed a small sign that read: Warning: Cranky Depot Cat. Sometimes He is friendly. Sometimes He bites and scratches. I looked for him, but to no avail.
I had never ridden on a train, so I was excited to ride this one. Even though the ride is only 4 miles it takes 45 min. to ride. The conductor let us on the train car early so we could get a good view of the engine being turned around on the train carousel (I guess you could call it that.) Then the car comes back to hook up the riding car. It really is a great experience to see all of this. After the ride gets going the conductor comes around to collect your ticket, just like in the old west movies. He narrates the history of the Rail line and tells about the land that this line runs on. He is very friendly and funny, it is evident that He loves his job. When we got to the end of the line, the Conductor explains that they will unhook the car and take just the engine around the bend, the engine and the car together are too long to make the bend in the track. The engine will come back around to take the car back in the other direction. He says that we can get off of the train to watch the process, and that many of the children like to lay coins on the track and watch them get squished. Well, Jer knows that the child in me wants squished coins. I collect the squished pennies from those machines every chance I get. So I got off the train and placed my coins on the track. The conductor tells us that if you lick your coin before placing it on the track the they will usually stick better and not go flying off of the track. I cant believe that I licked my coins. But it must work, all of my coins got squished really good. I got a chance to have a good conversation with the conductor while out there waiting . He is just adorable. I love to hear the stories that people have to tell.

Credits:
oscraps, polkadotpotato
Kit: Jeni Cantrill Designs ~ A is for Adventurous
(changed hue on BG paper and arrow)

Extras:
designerdigitals
Frames: Katie Pertiet ~ Little Vintage Frames, Curled-n-Flat
Alpha (Target A): Mindy Terasawa ~ Target Alphabet Stamps
Photo Overlay: Katie Pertiet ~ Freshly Worn Brushes-n-Overlays

other:
Train Frame

Special Thanks to: Jeni Cantrill and Katie Pertiet for their kindness and generosity.
I love your journaling...are you going to add it to a second page?
This definitely should be a two page layout!
It's wonderful!

WOW!!! Into my faves Shelly!! This is so awesome!! I love everything here...the elements/brushes are perfect!!!! Fabulous photos!!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
SeaShelly
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout