Oscraps

Ridgefield NWR
ksacry

Ridgefield NWR

Text Reads: We have found it amazing to go to Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge. Every time we visit, there is something new. This time we saw an owl. I've heard them plenty in my lifetime but never saw one until now. A Lifer! I was trying out my new 150 - 600 F6.5 lens during this trip. It did alright with my Canon R6 body but was better with my older body, Canon T6s. Dave's camera setup did an excellent job, Canon 90D with 400mm L lens. He was able to take a backlit photo of the one owl we saw. With a lot of post-processing, it is at least identifiable.
There were three coyote pups out hunting when we drove through. One was being very photogenic right alongside the road. We found out later from the park volunteer that there had been 6 pups born in the spring. October 27, 2023

Construction: I started with Project Template Album No 9, page 25, clipping my photos tot he frames and the fotoblendz layer. I revised the fotoblendz layer to better fit my photo. I added lace, foliage, splatters, and paper layers from the Project Template’s cover and page 23.
For the background, the palette Lush matched the color in the coyote photo so I used Solid Paper #4 (normal) layered Solid Paper #3 (Vivid Light) and Artsy Paper #1 (68% Fill). Then I added Palette Lush transfers #9, 10 & 12 (Linear Burn).
I placed the palette’s flower with a button at the intersection of the frames and changed the title “25” to say “HOOT” using the same font (Abril FatFace Regular) and layer effects, but with reduced tracking.
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon and isDK
Lovely collection of wildlife! Especially love the wolf pup! We would hear and see owls all the time in San Jose, sometimes right on our roof - very special creatures!

Beautiful images of nature,not often seen. My youngest son has owls on his property,we often find feathers.

Fabulous photos! So lucky to be close to a Wildlife Refuge. But I guess I have my own personal one LOL. I guess I need to get out more.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename