Oscraps

Richmond Island
D

Richmond Island

Richmond Island

Journaling:
There are four beautiful beaches at Richmond Island, Clam Cove Beach, Broad Cove Beach, Johns Cove Beach and Breakwater Beach. As you walk the perimeter path, which is almost two miles long, you will notice a variety of ecosystems including fragile sand dunes, lake, pine forest and abundant grassland. Visitors to the island may notice sheep, deer, bald eagle, horned owls, blue herons, brown hawks, an occasional piping plover and swans.

Credits:
Photo by Joanna Brown Tourangeau
Journaling text summarized from Richmond Island web site information
AASPN_ArtPlayPaletteBeach_ArtsyPaper6.jpg, changed mode to Lighten
AASPN_ArtPlayPaletteSeaLife_Transfer6.png
AASPN_ArtPlayPaletteBeach_Tape2 and text.jpg
AASPN_12X12PaintedOverlays1_6.png, from Sampler 1, changed mode to screen

Process:
Created a new document. Added the Artsy Paper to the document. Flipped the photo horizontally so that it would fit better over the transfer. Then I experimented with blending modes. Final choices were a lighten mode on the transfer and a color burn mode on the photo. Used Tape2 from Art Play Palette Beach as a base for the journaling. Summarized text in Word the information from the web site to create journaling. Copied the journaling and pasted onto the tape, merged and dragged to the layout. Added the painted overlay and changed the mode to screen. Finally I added the title and date.

Pam P's work with old buildings inspired me to try to do a LO using this photo.

Deb
gorgeous work with the photo and i really like your idea of journaling on the tape strip. it could be done digitally or on tape ... love that!!!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
DebBrown
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout