Credits:
MonthReview Layered Template No. 27 Link
ArtPlay Palette Sea Life Link
DragonDudes No. 1 BrushSet Link
WaterDrops No. 4 Link

all by Anna Aspnes

Kite - Stitched with Love by mle card
Fonts - Selfish, Travelling TypeWriter and PT Sans Narrow

I used the templates, but removed all the photos. Decorated with papers and elements from the Palette. Added the dragon, recolored him, changed the blendingmode to multiply and then clipped a transfer from the kit on him. Changed theblending mode on the transfer to overlay before merging them together. Added journaling and the water drops to symbolise all the tears I've cried over this song.

Translation:
Page 1 - the Swedish lyrics to the song Puff The Magic Dragon

Page 2:
We had this record at home when I was a child. Jan Malmsj sang it with his unbarable oily, sentimental voice. As I remember it Bittan [my sister] played it over and over again. Me - I was hiding behind the sofa and cried because I thought it was so terribly sad. I have no idea why I thought it was necessary to hide my crying. Perhaps I wanted to be alone with my sorrow? When I as a grown up heard the English original for the first time, it was a bit funny. When I was a kid I had thought of Puff as a kite [the Swedish word for kite and dragon are both "drake"] and not a dragon. I wonder how much I would have cried if I had understood that he play with an animal dragon and not a toy kite, and that the poor animal was left alone and abandoned when the fall came.
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
This page is gorgeous and your journalling is so sweet. What a lovely story.

Great two pager Eva!! You captured the feeling of this song beautifully!! But then I knew you would! Awesome job!

How fascinating that you thought he was a kite - the song still works as a kite, in that little Jackie Paper might indeed grow too old to play with a kite by the sea.

Wonderful, wonderful DLO, Eva, thank you so much for taking me on this trip down memory lane, and making me remember what it was to be 6 again.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 4
Added by
tanteva
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout