Oscraps

provolone wit'
stevetaylor

provolone wit'

I used Anna's Travel template but Nigel and I didn't have to travel far. We're Philly locals and know the cheesesteak scene pretty well. This was Nigel's first real chesesteak. I chose Geno's not necessarily because it's the best in the city, but because of the history that surrounds it. Geno's steaks sits at the south end of the Italian market (9th and passyunk). On the opposite corner sits Pat's cheesesteaks. Pat's original owner Pat Olivieri created the first cheesesteak in 1930. In 1975 Geno's opened its store. For the past 40 years they've been in competition. When ordering a cheesesteak in the city you have to be aware of the shorthand. (these places are packed 24/7)...#1, what kind of cheese would you prefer... Cheese wiz (or simply "wiz"), white american, or provolone. #2 Do you want fried onions or not..."wit" (with fried onions) or "widdout" (without firied onions). I normally get a "provolone wit" but on rare occasions when I'm feeling particularly crazy I'll get a "wiz wit".
I miss cheeseteak - not something I can find in CA. Love your description in the photo details. fabulous layout!

The templates are good for any collection of photos! Perfect color choices for your photos!

great storytelling. love how the photo in the background is part sketch. another terrific page for the adventures of you and Nigel.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
stevetaylor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout