Stitched by Anna White 2Stitched by Anna White No. 2 by Anna Aspnes
ArtPlay Palette BlossomArtPlay Palette Blossom by Anna Aspnes
Artsy Blendz OriginsArtsyBlendz Origins Elements by Anna Aspnes
ArtPlay Why NotArtPlay Solids Why Not? by Anna Aspnes
ArtPlay Palette GatherArtPlay Palette Gather by Anna Aspnes
Dripped Stains 5Dripped Stains Toolset No. 5 BrushSet by Anna Aspnes
MultiMedia Snowmen 1MultiMedia Snowmen No. 1 by Anna Aspnes
Here's the journaling:

There is a movie called The Deep End Of The Ocean about a boy who gets kidnapped. At one point in the movie the father says to the mother Kids dont get lost, people lose them! Rob and I have reminded each other of that line many times when either of us has lost sight of our children, etc. but in a joking way. Well, today was not a joke. While walking around town, shopping and sight seeing, we realized it was getting kind of late and we had better be getting back to the house. We had a few groceries to pick up so we decided that I would walk to the grocery store with the kids and Rob would move the truck from its current parking spot over to the grocery store parking lot so we didnt have so far to walk with our grocery bags.
As we were paying for the groceries, I said to Rob that I would go ahead and put Chloe in the car as she was getting restless in the cart. Rob came out a few minutes later as I was strapping Chloe into her carseat. Rob asked if Lexi was with me and I just looked at him for a minute dumbfounded. He said that she left the store a few seconds after I did. I immediately felt sick to my stomach. I told myself not to panic, she is probably out front looking for us...she wasnt. Myles climbed into the car with Chloe and Rob & I went back to the store and searched all around. I went outside and stood in the middle of the street looking up and down. I could feel the hairs begin to stand up on the back of my neck as I fought back the panic and the tears. For a moment I felt like I was in that movie; there were so many people milling about and it all felt like slow motion as my eyes scanned every car that went by, searching, and my ears were on super alert for the sound of her voice. I wanted to ask people if they had seen a girl in a pink hoody, but I was paralyzed with fear, afraid to make it real. Time seemed to stand still and I remember thinking this is how it happens -so quick, right under your nose. I stood in the middle of the road, my brain screaming at my feet to move, to call the police, to do something. I took a step in the direction of the police station when I saw it...THE PINK HOODY! I heard Rob yell Alexa! and watched as he ran to her. We held her so tight and wiped away the tears and began to breathe again for the first time in what seemed like forever. It turns out that when she left the store, she headed back to where the car was originally parked, not knowing that Rob had moved the truck. She was going one way and us the other. We all were pretty shaken up but thankful to be together again. When we got back to the cottage we reminded the kids about what to do if you are lost, etc. And Rob and I realized that we got a bit too slack here in our island home, believing it to be safer than it actually is. It was a valuable lesson for all of us and one we will never forget.

Oh my gosh that would have just been so scarey!! My worst nightmare when I am looking after the grandaughters!! So glad it turned out well!! Great reminder for all of us!! Amazing journaling!!

Oh my ............................ a nightmare!!
It took my breathe away reading this scary story.
Happy end!!

That must have been so scary, I'm glad it ended okay!
Great journaling and beautiful page!

I read that book and it is so sad! I am so glad your had a much happier ending! It is so scary when this happens! love the page!

Wonderful journalling. Scary! Scary! The layout is beautiful by the way. I love the embossed look of the paper and the soft element touches. The page doesn't look scary at all - it is soft & beautiful. Very thankful for your happy ending.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Heather Prins
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout