Oscraps

Ornaments
TessieB

Ornaments

Journaling: The family tradition continues this holiday with Scooby Doo, a Transformer, Fred Flintstone in his prehistoric car, and Noahs Ark. All of them are suspended on the evergreen branches with care. Each of them represents a different memory for our family. It is like a living scrapbook that is lit up for all to see at Christmas. It started when I was a child. My mom bought a new ornament for my sister and I each Christmas. The ornament represented our favorite color, a big milestone in our life, or a special memory from the year. It also included handmade ornaments that my mom cross-stitched with love to hang on the tree. Our holiday craft projects consisted of Christmas ornaments each year in our one room country school and added to the collection each year. My mom would purchase additional decorations on family vacations or on shopping trips to Omaha. When I was married, the treasures of glass, wood, and cardboard were passed to us to be used on our first tree. She continued the tradition buying us each a new ornament the following Christmas. After she died, my step-mom bought us bird ornaments to remember her love of bird watching to add to our trees. My sister created glass bulbs filled with the flowers from her gravestone to add to our living memorial to mom. Now with children of my own, I continue the custom. Each of our family members awarded our new son his first ornaments of glass duckies, baby booties, and blue bears to adorn our trees. My husband and I carefully chose new ones the following years to include his favorite shows and current obsessions, Bob the Builder and fire trucks. When the second little boy arrived, more construction trucks and monkeys were added to the branches to show his personality. So as a new holiday season approaches, we have not forgotten the new ornaments. My husband has a new ESPN ornament to mark his love of sports. My oldest has a Donald Duck with a bike to show his accomplishment of riding his bike with no training wheels. The youngest proudly sports two monkeys in the bathtub to show his love of water and that he will always be mommys Chunky Monkey. And I have added a gold Mount Rushmore to mark our trip to South Dakota. So our tree may be an eclectic chaos to some, but to me, its my living, sparkling scrapbook of days gone by and future dreams.
For the Designer Spotlight Challenge

Materials: Blythe Evanss Amethyst kit and School is Cool paper & element **some elements have been recolored**
LOVE this! You did a fab job recoloring and I just love your journaling. Great page!

Tessie, this is fabulous! I LOVE your journaling. What a story it tells. Beautiful composition.

Super duper job! Love the blending & the design! Great journaling! Love this page! Neat idea! :)

Wow, this is a terrific thing to scrap!! Love your journaling and that great blending!!

OMgosh...a LIVING scrapbook!! I sooo totally love this!! tess...you outdid yourself on this one!!!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
TessieB
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout