Oscraps

Olympia Stadion
B

Olympia Stadion

Page 4 of Sophias album.
Sophias Journaling: The next day we got a tour of the Berlin Olympic Stadium. It was cool to go underneath it (where there was a little track) and explore the VIP lounges. It was interesting to see how Hitler was actually a big part in the making of the stadium. The underground area is huge and there are statues all around that shockingly made it though the war untouched.....he told us the reason why, but I can't remember.

Travel Template Album No. 3TravelTemplateAlbumNo.3
ArtPlay Palette WanderlustArtPlayPaletteWanderlust
TissueTextures No. 6TissueTexturesNo.6
ArtsyPaint No. 10ArtsyPaintNo.10
Artsy Kardz WanderlustStatuesNo.1
ArtsyStains No. 2ArtsyStainsNo.2
UrbanThreadz No. 13UrbanThreadzNo.13
Fonts: Tasty Two Bold and Impact
Photos: Sophia Reed

Process Notes: Artsy paper 6 as the foundation, I clipped the photos and artsy kardz to the respective masks. To the artsy kardz framed mask I clipped the statue brush because Sophia couldnt get a photo of the statues she mentioned because they were too far away and inaccessible.

Underneath the framed photos I fleshed out the background paper with artsy paint brushes taking colors from the building and palette, this extended the stains around the page of the background paper. I recolored the stains around the fotoblendz, using colors from the building and placed an artsy stain on the middle framed photo, using the light blue color of the palette. A couple of overlays from Wanderlust were added to the top right and bottom left and tissue textures along the bottom right fotoblendz.

The title work was done, the journaling added and the city name placed on the artsy card using the font Impact. I gave the city name a bevel and emboss and turned down the fill opacity to 0% which gave it a transparent look. I also added the date to the artsy card and in the middle framed photo, I used the explore brush from the palette.

To finish the page I added the dimensional elements.
It's quite a story--just finished a book set in that time period, culminating in that stadium ("The Boys in the Boat," a great read.) Terrific that you're incorporating Sophia's words...I love to do that when I'm able. Beautiful page.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout