Oscraps

Ol' Marais River Run - Urbicolous
lacy

Ol' Marais River Run - Urbicolous

The Ol' Marais River Run, Ottawa, KS is one of our favorite shows. It's a small town and a long drive for us, but they usually have around 2000 cars. They close Main Street Saturday night to everyone but the show participants. First time we went was 2016, returned 2017, 2018, 2019. This will be our first time back since then, assuming Ron can get the new shroud fan we ordered today, installed in time on the 66 Chevelle. Hope to leave on the 15th.

I started with my photo, clipped to Fotoblendz Overlays 22-1, duplicated two mask layers, moved to gain more coverage. I duplicated the photo 2X, 1st copy blend mode screen, 2nd copy PS Filter, Stylize, Find Edges, Blend Mode Soft Light, Opacity 54%, and placed a yellow glow to enhance the sun. Embellished with Word Art Cluster, replacing Midtown Magic with Small Town Magic. Placed the Title and MultiMedia City, removed the #8 plate, recolored the string, and moved the wheel element/shadow below the WA cluster. Then I felt it needed a color buddy for the sun, so I added the yellow taxi, with a custom drop shadow and adjusted the color slightly, placed below the photos/fotoblendz group. I placed the transfer, splatter and art stroke above the paper layer.
Credits list
ArtPlay Collection Urbicolous, On Sale Now
ArtPlay Palette Urbicolous (paper, art stroke splatter, transfer, yellow car, label word)
FotoBlendz Overlays 22
MultiMedia City 1-4
City WordART Cluster 1-1

Yellow Glow
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: tativero and isDK
Fabulous layout! Love the extra light you've added to the layout and the photo treatment is great too! Love that you changed the words on the word label to "small town magic"!

Great page! Love the color and texture. Had to chuckle when I read your description. My husband has been working on his 64 Vette for weeks so he can take it to the classic Corvette weekend at our local race track, but he's waiting for a gasket. If it comes in on time, we still may not go because it may rain and the windshield wiper motor part is on back ordered.

Last edited:
Great page! Love the color and texture. Had to chuckle when I read your description. My husband has been working on his 64 Vette for weeks so he can take it to the classic Corvette weekend at our local race track, but he's waiting for a gasket. If it comes in on time, we still may not go because it may rain and the windshield wiper motor part is on back ordered.
Oh yes, I'm checking the tracking # often. Coming from CA, unless it takes a world tour, should be here Monday.

Love the color of the photo in contrast with the background, and great use of the taxi!

Love the color of the photo in contrast with the background, and great use of the taxi!
Thanks for noticing. I worked very hard on that drop shadow. Then realized I could have easily painted it in.:rolleyes:

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename