Oscraps

my_morning_routine
sue.falstaff

my_morning_routine

Here's my page for our October challenge no. 5 - All About Me!

My journaling reads:
At 6:32am (swt) every morning, my radio alarm clock wakes me up. During the weekday, Im greeted by the silky smooth tones of Vanessa Feltz on BBC Radio 2, and at the weekend its either Anneka Rice or Aled Jones. I dont like to lie-in, so by 6:38am (swt) Im out of bed and straight into the bathroom for a wake-up shower. Whilst in there, I have a set routine and I do things in the same order every time; brush my teeth, shower, apply moisturiser, slap on some make-up and Im done. By 7:04am (swt) Im out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom to wake up DH. I say the same thing each morning; ey-oh bug, are you awake yet? Open your eyes, both eyes, breakfast downstairs in 5!. Then its on with my dressing-gown (a light-weight pink cotton one for summer and a heavy-weight blue fluffy one for winter) and down the stairs I go. By 7:10am (swt) Im making breakfast which usually consists of a slice of toast (with just butter for DH and butter and Marmite for me ), a small bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee for DH and a cup of tea for me. I watch BBC Breakfast news and depending on whether I need to iron something to wear, I sometime log on my laptop and catch-up on the over-night happenings in digi-land. Its normally about 7:51am (swt) by the time I decide I need to make up the lunch boxes for DH and I to take to work, then its the same dilemma mums all across the world face ... what to pack for lunch! Heck, times pressing on and by 8:02am (swt) I head back upstairs to blow-dry and style my hair. Some days this goes well, other days (I call them Bad Hair Days) I can spend waaaaay too long trying to get my fringe to sit straight! I quickly get dressed and occasionally Ill make the bed (I know, Im a slob!) but its only a duvet and fluffing it is essentially making the bed in my book. Then its in the car for around 8:24am (swt) for the commute to work (dropping big brother off on the way). If its the school holidays, the drive takes as little as 10 minutes, but most mornings it takes around 15-20 minutes depending on how may red-lights I get stuck at. I arrive at work by about 8:43am (GMT) and I grab the same parking spot each day (I joke to management about having my initials sprayed onto the kerb so people know its my spot!). Im at my desk and logging into my computer / phone by 8:54am (GMT) and by 9:00am the lines open and were off and running for another fun-packed day in the office. Role on 5:00pm!
FYI, swt=sue wilson time which is 6 minutes ahead of GMT. Weird. I know.

Thanks for looking / reading!

Credits:
Everything used - Kitty Designs, Everlast Frame kit
http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=30541&cat=321&page=2
(available at Oscraps)

Font - LD Soccer Mom
I absolutely LOVE this page! Outstanding work! Love the story, love the large photo, love the red title!!! Brilliant!

Love your journaling, wow girl love the read your routine ;)
I don't jump out of my bed after 5 min,my alarm has to repeat at least 3 times before i jump out of my bed and usually I don't even hear the alarm clock.

Love the black and white and that splash of red !

loving LOVING that big B&W photo of YOU!! this is just a perfect example of an AAM page. loving the red arrow, too!

I love everything about this page - the photo, the cropping, the journaling, and I am a sucker for red!

SUE!!!!!!!!

What can I say??? You are SOOOOO the biz, girl. This is utterly amazing. Love the idea of swt - must more useful than bst - given that we don't seem to have summer any more. Can I join you on swt?! I'm even a marmite girl too.

Superb. Really.

eeekkk that is an awesome photo and *sigh* you journal sooooo well. Had to laugh at the SWT and I love marmite too!

Layout information

Category
Challenge 5
Added by
sue.falstaff
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout