Oscraps

My First Memory
Donna G.

My First Memory

Done for a Scrap Therapy Challenge where we were to do a LO about our earliest memory.

Journaling (I have a good memory. :)):
I guess I remember THIS trip! In fact, its my earliest memory. The photos are from our old family album, a small binder with black, graph paper-like pages. Mother carefully typed pertinent info on the tops of some of the photos. But I dont need prompts to remember this event. My grandparents, my mother, and I had gone to the Hedricks place in Parsons, West Virginia, where they all used to live. An old, blind relative, who lived in the little farmhouse where we stayed, was determined to spend some quality time with me. I was equally determined that I wasnt going to be in the same room with her. She was quite wrinkled, and due to her blindness she had weird eyes. All she had to do was enter a room, and Id run out screaming. Then there was Uncle Walter who rescued me from the blind lady by carrying me around on his shoulders. He was tall, and the door openings in the old house were short. As we ran around from room to room, I was sure I was going to be beheaded. Things werent much better outdoors. Above are photos of me with Aunt Nolas dog. In my mind I can still see that dog which seemed at the time to be the size of a Clydesdale horse. I had to stand there with it while the family took photos. I fed it grass, hoping it wouldnt eat me. But wait theres more! Back then potty training occurred early, and although I was only 22 months old when we made this trip, I was fully trained. Bummer of a time to give up diapers. At the farmhouse I had to sit on some sort of large, unstable pot or jar to potty. It was very uncomfortable. It was also a bad place to be with my pants down when the old blind lady came looking for me. I did not return to West Virginia for nearly 40 years. While it was sad to realize that almost everyone involved in my trip was now dead, I was delighted to see that the state had downsized their dogs (at least I didnt see any horse-sized ones!), and, more importantly, they had gotten indoor plumbing!

Stuff used:
* Le Jardin kit by Doris Castle
* Garden Variety by Doris Castle
* Scrap Drawers: Fasteners by Doris Castle
* Gypsy Saree by Doris Castle
* cardboard heart by Christina Renee
* template by Liz Newberry

Fonts: Black Castle, Coronet, Effloresce Antique, For the One Hundredeth Time, Jester, Marker FinePoint
T
WOW!! What a great memory! Love how you journaled this, and how neat you still have photos! Great page!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Donna G.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout