My Brother Tim My Hero
F

My Brother Tim My Hero

Photos: Terri Fullerton & Leora Bunce
Template: Anna Aspnes Watercolor template album 2_14
Kit: Anna Aspnes Mountain High, Heart Beach, Beach
Extras: Multiple brushes Anna Aspnes
Fonts: Segoe Script Bold, Arial narrow

Tim is the very first person that I remember being my hero. He is three years older than I am and we spent much of our growing up years together doing different activities. I remember that we played catch, played ping pong for hours or badminton up in the hayloft if it was raining. I would tease and pick at him unmercifully until he would chase me. Our house was large and had 2 doors to every room, so I could run away fairly easily.

I became very competitive as I was always trying to be as good as he was at everything. The only way I could ever beat him in a game was if he was having a bad day and I was having a good day, but I got much better at everything because of it. We didnt have horses until we were a little older, but Tim was instrumental in our being able to buy one. We were saving our money, but 25 cents a week was not enough to buy anything. Tim worked very hard driving tractor on the farm and was able to earn much more than the rest of us. So, eventually we had the $200 needed. Tim and I worked together to break a couple of horses. Of course, we didnt know what we were doing, so it got a little crazy at times. He was stronger, so he held the horse while I rode. When we were breaking Lightening, she got away from Tim, but somehow I managed to stay on during a crazy ride. She ended up being the nicest riding horses that we had. Circa 1955 & 2015.
lovely story, it's the memories that come up when you are scrapping certain photos that are so valuable. Love how you're showing now and then photos.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
fullterr
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout