Oscraps

Moving Forward
jarhm

Moving Forward

Journaling:
"My mother had a terrifying experience on a horse when she was a little girl. It ran away with her on its back. Its mane was the only thing she had to hold on to. Her frantic parents had not expected the horse to bolt. They could only run after it, calling out hoping it would stop. Eventually, the horse did slow down. My mother was rescued. She has been afraid of horses ever since. This photo was taken the day she overcame her lifelong fear. Photo taken circa 1990."

My mother is 94 years old now, in a nursing home, has dementia. She does not remember the story of the runaway horse. Neither does she remember this picture.

Anna Aspnes:
ALT No. 94
AP Glance paper
AP Generations and Getaway strokes
AP Generations and Sparkle overlays
AP Vitality Fotoglow and word labels
AP Roots branch and brush
Clouds No1 and 2
Inked Words Everyday No.1; Right Now word art No.1
LoopDaLoop Clocks No.1
Urban Stitches No.2; Urban Threadz No.4

Taylormade: est word art
Vicki Stegall: Week 30, 2014 heart

Sissy Sparrow: Grunge Stamps 15 and Painted Yesterday overlay
Great documentation and congratulations to your mother for overcoming her fear!

How wonderful that she worked on this fear and overcame it. Love the photo - wonderful page.

your mother triumphed! she looks very sure of herself atop of that horse. i am sorry that she no longer has these memories but glad that they live on through you.

Wow, totally cool and beautiful page. Loved the journaling and how you mother did overcome her fear. That is so cool!! I would be so proud. So sorry that she has dementia and can't remember this story and photo.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
jarhm
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout