Oscraps

Most of All
B

Most of All

These photos were taken by my daughter when they were in England last summer. Over and over again my family mentioned the green-ness of England. It was just breath taking for them, especially since they live in a place that turns brown from the heat and sun during the summer. These were taken in Hassocks - Westmeston.

MultiMedia Accordion No. 1MultiMediaAccordionNo.1
TracedLeaves No. 1TracedLeavesNo.1
PaintedLeaves No. 3PaintedLeavesNo.3
ArtPlay Palette AdmidstArtPlayPaletteAmidst
ArtPlay Palette MoorlandsArtPlayPaletteMoorlands
Autumn WordART Mix No. 3AutumnWordARTMixNo.3
Splatters No. 1SplattersNo.1
Mushrooms No. 1MushroomsNo.1
UrbanThreadz Flowers No. 1UrbnThreadzFlowersNo.1
TapedTextures No. 8TapedTexturesNo.8
ArtsyStains No. 4ArtsyStainsNo.4
WarmGlows No. 1WarmGlowsNo.1
Travel British Isles No. 1TravelBritishIslesNo.1
Photo: Jackie Reed
Font: Traveling Typewriter

Notes: Using solid paper 5 from Moorlands as the foundation and placing the photo at the top of the page, I used the Gradient Tool to blend out the harsh bottom edge with a layer mask. I blended the photo to Color Burn which brought out all the wonderful textures from underneath and made the photo look like a painting. I turned down the opacity of the photo to 90%.

After bringing in the MM Accordion and clipping a black and white copy of the photo of the girls standing in the same spot as the large photo, I stained the photo and frames a little to grunge it up. I also brought in the psd weed from Moorlands and placed it underneath the weed that is included with this particular MM. I moved the shadow just a little. The button is from Amidst and underneath is the flower thread. I also placed a photo glow over each part of the photo in the layers panel and blended to Overlay which gave it a bit of a green shade. That was a happy accident.

From there is was all brushes. Peaking out from the MM and at the upper left edge of the page are the painted leaves with the traced leaves over them. Underneath the left edge of the MM is the British Isles brush in green. Over it I placed the title and brief journaling which I blended. I used brushes from Amidst within the top photo and splatters running down to the corner where I had put the mushrooms. A tape was added along the right edge of the MM. I used colors taken from the photo for all of them.

To finish the page, I typed out the place and date on the MM frame.
Gorgeous blended background, and use of (my new fav!) the accordion frame.

And as you know, there is a price to pay for the green...lots of rain.

The textured sky caught my attention...the entire page feels painterly...love it, Barbara!

What a great background you've created, looks like a painting, beautiful photos, love your page, awesome!!

Beautiful! Love the framed photo of your family and the gorgeous background image!

Awesome use of the frame. And the leaves. And the splatters. And and and...that background! Like finger-painting in gesso. I KNOW it's digital...but....!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout