Oscraps

Mom's Fear
Donna G.

Mom's Fear

Journaling reads:
Yeah, I have all the normal fears, like death of a loved one, accidents, dismemberment, tornadoes, hurricanes, the dark, things that go bump in the dark, financial ruin, heights, and bad guys. Okay, so I also have an unusual fear or two, like walking between two cars parked head to head and having one of them move forward, causing my legs to be crushed and useless. Now I have a new fear. My boy might be going to war. For the last two years, unbeknownst to us (his parents), Conrad researched the military. He told us a few weeks ago that he wants to join the Army ROTC. Now he has done all the paperwork, tests, and interviews at Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) and the University of Memphis. He was accepted in both programs and offered a full scholarship to both. This week he signed a letter of intent with the University of Memphis. If all goes according to plan, he will be in ROTC for the four years of college and then enter full-time military service for four years. We call Conrad the Renaissance Kid, because he can do everything. I did not expect to add defending his country to his list of skills. Somebodys got to do it,? he says. He feels its Gods will for him to invest his young adulthood in the service of his country. Who can argue with that? May God calm my motherly fears and give me the strength to support Conrad. While we would not have chosen this route for him, Peter and I sure are proud of our son!

Note in white on side of photo:
Signing the letter of intent, 15 March 2007

Scripture at bottom:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11

Stuff used:
* Whispers by Doris Castle
* Template by Liz Newberry
* fonts: Arial, Docteur Atomic, Duality, Mayfield, Not Mary Kate
This is gorgeous, and such wonderful, heartfelt journaling!! I am so thankful for men like Conrad who stand up for our country and my family(and I'm thankful for their mommas, too!!)TFS!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Donna G.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout