Oscraps

Merry Christmas
KAPOH

Merry Christmas

JOURNALING:
Merry Christmas
The memory is as amorphous as a passing cloud. It is over a half century old, so that might explain why the details are so fuzzy.
The Christmas trees of my childhood were always topped by a beautiful white-haired angel with silver wings. And then, suddenly, they were not. She was gone. I don't even remember what topped our tree that sad year. I just remember "she" wasn't there. And, then, like a Christmas miracle, the next year, she was back!
THE REST OF THE STORY: When my father saw how upset I was that the special holiday decoration was GONE, he figured out what had happened to her and, that next summer, he took a special trip alone to visit him mom, searched the old "wash house", and found her packed away. We had apparently left her behind after spending Christmas at grandma's that year. He brought her home and surprised the family when it came time to decorate the tree that year.
Second best Christmas ever! (First best was in 2009 when "Pennie" was my Christmas gift.)
CREDITS: PHOTOS: by cranach at Adobe and by me; KITS: The Magical World of Wizards by Lynne Anzelc; Puppy Christmas by emeto Designs; FONT: Of Wildflowers and Wings
Love your journaling ... luckily the Christmas tree looked the following year as it used to be ...

A precious memory that has a wonderful happy ending to it! Fabulous page for this challenge!

Layout information

Category
2018 12 Days of December
Added by
KAPOH
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout