Oscraps

Make It Happen
B

Make It Happen

Sometimes I create quote pages as a little kick in the pants for myself. Quote: "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way to know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." Steve Jobs

ArtPlay Palette AbrazoArtPlayPaletteAbrazo
PaperTextures No. 4PaperTexturesNo.4
Postcards No. 1PostcardsNo.1
OldScript No. 1OldScriptNo.1
UrbanThreadz No. 14HipstrPlumeFotoBlendzNo.8
Take Flight No. 2TakeFlightNo.2
Journey WordART Mix No. 1JourneyWordARTMixNo.1
Journey WordTransfers No. 1JourneyWordTransfersNo.1
NoteBook No. 1NoteBookNo.1
WarmGlows No. 7WarmGlowsNo.7
ArtPlay Palette Florence (Postage Stamp)ArtPlayPaletteFlorence
Photo: Mine

Process Notes: Placing the fotoblendz on artsy paper 1 from the palette, I clipped the photo to it and blended the mask to Color Burn after resizing both. Below the clipped photo, I placed the paper texture and above and at the right edge the old script is positioned. I recolored it and blended to Linear Burn.

Typing out the quote, I placed the notebook lines, adjusting its size and the leading of the type to fit. Placing the word art title, I recolored to a grey and used the Blend Ifs. I also added the journey word transfer at the top of the page and blended to Color Burn.

Adding the birds, postage stamps to the page and urban thread around the sun, I brought in a couple of warm glows and blended those to Color Burn and Overlay and turned down the fill opacity. These brought out the sun, the textures in the paper and the photo a little more. That finished this simple page. I let all the artsy bits in the paper do all the heavy lifting.
so true. love the feeling of open spaces and that you're on a journey. fabulous design.

I can tell that making this page took you to a beautiful space in your mind...it translated well to real world art. Love the sun...birds...perspective of the car/road. Gorgeous.

Steve Jobs always seemed to have food for thought. It's an expansive concept, and your design reflects that. I love those birds, like courageous thoughts and deeds being set free.

I love how the white space is subtly colored and symbolizes nakedness for me.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout