It's been tossed about lost and broken
Wandering aimlessly
And God, somehow you know that ship is me
There's a lighthouse in a harbor shining faithfully
Pouring its light out across the water
For this sinking soul to see
That someone out there still believes in me

Journaling
Today was a very hard day. I was just starting my grocery shopping when Rob called to tell me that the Citadel had called and that my mom was confused again. I was just across the street from her so I went to see her right away. When I got there she seemed to be coming out of it a little, but I talked to her and waited and she made light of it, laughing at how foolish she was. Then she asked me if she had slept in her bed last night and I said yes ( still not quite back) and held her hand. Then her lip quivered a bit and she said "why does this happen to me? I feel so foolish and embarrassed ( she had refused her bath this morning because she had told everyone she had a meeting to get to) " I just hugged her and said it was perfectly fine and that they understood, but her tears came anyway. I put my arms around her and held her and told her she was not alone, that I was there for her and always would be. She sobbed and was so fragile, it broke my heart into a billion pieces. We sat like that for awhile, my arms around her and her crying into my shoulder, like my child. All the while the tears flowed like a river, silently, down my cheeks. I would give anything to be able to restore her spunk and sharp mind back to her. A woman who has been strong and independent her entire life, caring for others and putting herself last does not deserve this. I am so thankful to be here, to be the one she needs and that understands her. Yes it is hard and sometimes I just don't want to drive up to see her when I am exhausted, but how could I not? She did not ask for this. She is lonely, and is afraid sometimes of what is left for her in this life. I am here, I am what is left, Mom. And my heart is overflowing with love for you. I still believe in you.
Lovely page, Heather, but such a sad story about your once vibrant mother. It's hard to imagine how scared and lonely she must feel when she's not quite there.

Oh my ..... Heather, this is so difficult and heartbreaking for both of you.
And you, you are the best daughter i can imagine!!

heartbreaking.
it is so very difficult to watch the ones we love, especially our parents and children, when things are happening to them that they cannot control or understand.
your mother is very fortunate to have you by her side. and you will be forever grateful that you could be there even though it is so difficult.
a beautiful page.

This is so deep and true, Heather. You are a lovely daughter and doing what is one of the hardest things to do - care for a parent who is a child again. I promise - it will pass and you will remember her as strong and vibrant again. The passage is so painful - take care.

oh Heather... you've made a very lovely page of an extremely hard journey... it's just not easy walking along this path... what a blessing you are to your mother... such love... nothing better for her...

oh Heather, crying a bucket of tears here, can hardly see my keyboard. So heartbreaking, but you, my dear, as I have told you before, are one very special daughter. I would be so blessed to have a daughter like you, and pray my own daughter can grow with such love and strength. And btw its a beautiful page :)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Heather Prins
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout