Longfellow Mine

ArtPlay Palette Coolth Paper
Urban Stitchez 6

1 of 23,000 abandoned mine lands in Colorado
Year Listed: 1999
County: Ouray, San Miguel County
Construction Date: 1874-1920
Threat When Listed: Natural Elements

Monday was cloudy so we stayed in town. I spent some time searching topo maps and online to find the name of the mine we had visited just across the highway from the road to Black Bear Pass. It's the Longfellow Mine and its minerals included galena, baryte, fluorite, and enargite.
23000 abandoned mines! that's crazy! I love this story with the photo and the topo map! the crinkly paper is a really cool effect!

I love the topographical map , the wonderful paper and the very interesting journaling. Great photo of the mine.

Really like how you used the topo map. We ran across a few mines in the ghost towns we stopped at in the Canadian Badlands...really interesting places, though I couldn't bring myself to descend into the shafts. Terrific two-pager!

I like the background that gives a little bit of the past that fits the story. The card is really a plus! photo processing also adds distance to events

J'aime la carte topographique, le mlange avec la texture et le traitement photo. Superbe page.

Wow...the topo map is genius! And the sketch really captures the structure and tree line! I had no idea there were 23,000 abandoned mine lands in Colorado!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
isDK
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout