Oscraps

Life
Miki

Life

I recently read an article about creating collages. This was a challenge to myself to use the rule of thirds, a neutral background, playing with the scale of the images, going off the edges, use of color, all still having a focal point and story.
Credits list
Artplay Sirenic Collection (on sale from February 14 - 21)
Artplay Palette Sirenic (papers, birds, label word)
Artsy Transfers Sirenic (paper textures, splatters)
Love WordART Mix 2
MultiMedia Sirenic 1 (magic sprinklez)

Artplay Palette Savor (transfer, paint)
Artplay Palette Noble (paper)
Artplay Palette Sea Life (paper)
Artplay MiniPalette Brio (paper)
Upcycle Art Paper (retired)
Landscape Art Paper (retired)
Scissored Scalloped Masks 2
Bike Like 2

Process
On a 12x12 blank page 3 3"x9" rectangles were created and placed next to each other. APP Sirenic artsy papers 2, 3, and 5 were clipped to the rectangles. The papers were moved around to show the different textures of the papers. A border was added around the rectangles. The image of the palm tree was changed to black and white with a high contrast. Using the magic wand tool, the white area of the photo was deleted. A transfer from APP Savor and a snippet of paper from Upcycle Art paper were clipped to the tree. The photo of my husband riding his bike was extracted. Using the quick selection tool, his shirt and shorts were outlined, duplicated with snippets of paper from Upcycle Art paper and Landscape paper were clipped to them. The waves were created by using the Scissored Scalloped masks (no shadow) with snippets of paper from APP Noble, APP Sea Life and APMP Brio clipped to them. Paper textures and splatters from AT Sirenic were added, along with word art, a brush from Bike Like 2 and journaling.

Thank you for looking!
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
WOW! this is awesome - I love the different colored fronds, the biker just draws you in! I would say you learned the lessons of how to do collage

Love the result of this. Is that article something you can share? Love the colors on the palm tree and the photo effect.

You mastered this challenge wonderfully. I love collages and used old photos of my youth to create a huge picture that hung on my wall for a long time. A collage gives so many more possibilities. Well done!

wow... I need to try this collage thing too. You clearly mastered the challenge - your page composition is so interesting!

It's sometimes incredibly difficult to step out of your usual style, I know that only too well.
Your efforts have paid off, it has become a fantastic page. Very artistic.
I love the intense orange and green of the palm trees, the waves, the phototreatment of the cyclist.
Great work.

Love the layering, blending and documentation! The border is a fabulous accent.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename