Oscraps

Let Your Light Shine
Journaling reads: 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

In a day of intolerance for Christians, the world is watching and waiting for our actions and responses to the unjust accusations and attacks. Granted, lots of “Christians” act and respond in ways that give true Christians a bad wrap. Unfortunately one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. But what can we do to counteract the accusations? We need to do all we can to reflect the love of Christ to the world. No matter what! That means we need to stand firm in our beliefs but with a loving heart. Show love not hate to those around us…..even to those we don’t agree with! You know the phrase, “they will know we are Christians by our love!” That is Biblical! The book of John chapter 13 we read: 34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. (John 13:34-35) And while it is true that Jesus was speaking to His disciples when He said this, we have His word as our example to live by! The question we need to ask ourselves is, “What did Jesus do?” Asking, “What would Jesus do?” leaves the answer to our own interpretation which is tainted by our pride of life! God lit our spiritual lights, so to speak, so that His light within us would shine in the darkness of the world’s sin. He doesn’t want us to hide the light! If He didn’t want His light to influence the world He would have taken us to heaven as soon as we were saved! I want my light to shine brightly for Him! I hope and pray you do, too! 1/5/24
Credits list
All by Lynne Anzelc:
Writers Muse
Writers Muse Wordart
Writers Muse Clusters
Writers Muse Bundle
Font is Arial Narrow
Photo is mine
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Lynne Anzelc Designs

Layout information

Category