Oscraps

Late October Afternoon
B

Late October Afternoon

It had been a rainy day and in the late afternoon I noticed the deep colors in my yard and had to run outside and capture this photo with the different greens and of course the contrast of the brilliant Burning Bush. With the neighbors light in his window it just made for that perfect moment in time when a cloudy day enriches the colors of the earth. Along with the Burning Bush, you see the Western Larch which sheds its needles in the fall after turning colors and a Blue Spruce. I have families of quail live the the Blue Spruce that come down to feed in the grass everyday. Its sort of like a Quail condo. Love watching them when Im at home.

ArtPlay Palette Fallen BlushArtPlayPaletteFallenBlush
ArtsyTransfers Fallen BlushArtsyTransfersFallenBlush
Layered FotoBlendz No. 5LayeredFotoBlendzNo.5
UrbanThreadz No. 12UrbanThreadzNo.12
SkinnyLined Overlays No. 2SkinnyLinedOverlaysNo.2
ButtonThreadz No. 2ButtonThreadzNo.2
Autumn WordART Mix No. 2AutumnWordARTMixNo.2
Brushed Edge Overlays No. 1BrushedEdgeOverlaysNo.1
Photo: Mine
Fonts: Stylist Pro and Chalk Line

Process Notes: Using solid paper 2, I brought in the fotoblendz mask, resizing and clipped the photo to it and putting the mask on Hard Light which brought out the rich colors of that afternoon. With the rectangle tool I created a stroke outline using a color from the paper.

Brushes from the palette came next, placing those on the left and right side of the photo, recoloring and blending, then adding the word art at the bottom left of the photo, also blending and turning down the opacity.

My word art came next. I clipped a couple of different transfers from the palette to the main title, giving the text layer a little bevel and emboss and a slight drop shadow to give the words a little definition. With the marquee tool, I deleted a part of the stroke outline layer where I lined up the word Afternoon with it. I added a scribble/splatter overlay from the palette and lined it up with the bottom of the letter L to give it a brushed onto the paper look. I decided on a outline font for the month. Placing the leaves from the palette growing from the bottom of the letter A, I resized and played around with the shadow of the leaves until it looked right to me, then linking them together in the layers panel. I added another brush from the palette underneath the leaves, recoloring it from the photo to give a little texture.

Using a couple of artsy transfer stains, placing those at the top left edge and at the side left edge. I also added the skinny lined overlay underneath the photo and above it, I used the brushed edge overlay to give the background paper a little something, something. I recolored it a creamy white and put it on Soft Light blend mode.

Finally, adding the button, which I recolored using a hue/saturation adjustment layer, button threads and urban threads beneath. I believe that finished the layout.
Stunning photos, Barbara! Brilliant example of natures complementary colors! Beautiful presentation!

Nothing can compete with the colors of the Burning Bush! Love the red button accent. Beautiful page.

The red bush pups up this page, what a great photo, you've framed it beautiful, I love the leaves and the red button, a gorgeous page!!

Barbara, this is so lovely -- luv your photo and the threads are so perfect ;)

I really like that light in the window. It beckons. We have a blue jay commune in our viburnum and there's nothing like watching them.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout