Oscraps

Just Imagine
Applechick

Just Imagine

New Mini Artplay Palette Ariose coming soon free with $20 Purchase.

Another page for my book recording Neve's love of dressing up :) I started with the photograph which I masked then extracted. The problem was that she was wearing her bright red nursery uniform peeking through red curtains in her toy theatre and the feathers on the Venetian mask were going to prove a bit of a challenge to select - so I duplicated and reduced the saturation to kill the red sweatshirt then remasked the top only revealing the face which remained true to colour. I used one of the Artsy papers as a foundation behind the photograph and created the curtains on the theatre using the lace overlays. The second photograph was again masked and this time copied three times - bottom two layers Overlay mode: 50 then 96% Opacity and top layer normal masked to only reveal the eyes. I increased the crown element in size, duplicated with bottom layer Hard light 68% fill and top layer Multiply 30% fill - this allowed a little definition and some subtle blue tones. In between these layers I sandwiched a selection of overlays and transfers introducing more texture across the sweatshirt and paint splatters until I achieved the dreamy look I was looking for.
I added the flower element and positioned it as if Neve is holding it - duplicated with bottom layer hard light 87% fill and top layer normal 87%.
After all that I still wasn't happy with the feathers on the headress so used feathers from Artsy feathers 2 warped slightly and inverted to make white then slightly erased with a soft brush on reduced opacity.

***COMING SOON***
Mini Artplay Palette Ariose

ArtsyFeathers No. 1
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtsyFeathers-No.-1.html
So sweet! I miss the times that my granddaughters would dress up and I would be there servant. Enjoy every magical moment! Wonderful blending!

This is simply darlingand that face could not be any cuter. Amazing blending too.

She's so expressive. What fun to be able to indulge her imagination in so many ways. Beautiful page.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Applechick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout