Oscraps

John Steele
Jeannette

John Steele

Made with the beautiful Pretty Poppies {Collection Bundle} by Mixed Media by Erin
Photo's from the internet.
Journaling:
On the night before D-Day , American soldiers of the 82nd Airborne were parachuting into the area west of Sainte-Mère-Église. Steele was one of the few not killed. He was wounded in the foot by a burst of flak. His parachute caught in one of the pinnacles of the church tower, leaving him hanging on the side of the church. Steele hung there limply for two hours, pretending to be dead, before the Germans took him prisoner. He escaped four hours later from the Germans and rejoined his division.
Designer(s) Used:
  1. mixed media by Erin >>
What a wonderful page to commemorate what this brave soldier did! I love the photos you used and the layered and textured background is fantastic! I love the edging around your layout and the poppies place on the edges! Congratulations on being selected as Standing O 27

What a wonderful page to commemorate what this brave soldier did! I love the photos you used and the layered and textured background is fantastic! I love the edging around your layout and the poppies place on the edges! Congratulations on being selected as Standing O 27
Wow, thanks Evelyn. You've made my day!!

Oh wow...what an awesome piece of history!! Wonderful page!!! Congratulations! Your layout will be featured in tonight's Thursday Oscraps newsletter :dancingdog:

Layout information

Category
mixed media by Erin
Added by
Jeannette
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename