Oscraps

JB
Bush Girl

JB

Here's my entry for the March 2012 Colour Challenge. It is also for DigiDare # 265. Bizarrely, this DigiDare came up in the very week of the anniversary of my favourite pony's death, so it allowed me to wallow in my memories and spend ages marvelling at just how awful my photos from the 1980s are!

Journaling reads:

He still consumes my thoughts, despite having been gone for nearly as long as his light shone out. Whenever I have dreams about riding, they are about JB. Ive had other ponies, both before and after, but none could hold a candle to my Jimmy Wuzzo. None made my heart soar like he did. I trusted Wuzzo completely; we were a team, were as one. And he trusted me. If Id asked him to jump the moon, he would have done so. We were like that.

Now I am older and he is dead and gone. But in my dreams I am still 15 and he is my delightful, irrepressible, joyful and exuberant dancing boy.

Today is the 18th anniversary of JBs death. Although such a painful evening, he died exactly the way I wished for him - of a massive heart attack, instant and quick, his vivacious & euphoric light extinguished suddenly, with no prolonged lingering. We lived a lifetime of memories in the 13 yrs we had together. JB 1975 - 28.2.1994

Credits:

Template: One Little Bird, oscraps.com, Flight Plan 11 Template
Papers: TaylorMade Designs, oscraps.com, Sense & Sensability, Revive, Mere Modesty & Moderation
Alpha, Lace & String: TaylorMade Designs, oscraps.com, Sense & Sensability
Flowers & Butterflies: TaylorMade Designs, oscraps.com, Moderation
Ink Splat, Stitches: TaylorMade Designs, oscraps.com, Mere Modesty
Font: DJB Another Mandy by Darcy Baldwin & Myriad Pro
Beautiful tribute. Your journal is so touching and the page is fantastic. (oh to go back in time and take better photos - i feel your pain on that note)

What a beautiful page and glad you had time to revisit your pony's memories. Lovely page and perfect page for the challenge.

This. Is. Stunning! Seriously, Selena. I love every last thing, design, colors and the story, which has me tearing up.

Oh how close we become with our precious animals! What a heartfelt page for your sweet friend!! Love your journaling as always Selena a real delight! I simply adore everything about your layout!!

This is such a heartfelt tribute to your precious pony. You have such a wonderful way with words and you captured my heart with your journaling. Beautifully done. Thank you for playing along with this week's Digi Dare!

Selena...how do you do it? How do you do such an awesome job of journaling...so that I share your emotions totally! Great page!

This is so beautiful! I love the layers under the photo and the way you've split up the journalling.

What beautiful journaling. Sounds like a wonderful, loving friendship. Fabulous page.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 2
Added by
Bush Girl
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout