Oscraps

It Starts With Me
Myoldanlac

It Starts With Me

Layout Origianlly done for Stand Up and Scrap Week One Challenge
I unfortunately only finished the first challenge!!
Journaling:
I have sat down to write out this dream for hours it seems since this challenge was posted. Although I can't quite put it into words. Everytime I start it sounds cheesy, childish like a bunch of empty rambling words - words that are meaningless, of no particular value. Then I have sat and pondered WHY? Why am I struggling with writing out this
dream? Is it a stupid dream? Too big? Too small? What is the issue? I think it's simply a matter of exposing the reality of it, not only to myself but to others as well. So, now I'm just going to go for it - prepare for the ramblilng to begin and hopefully this all makes sense
Today I have a dream, a dream of freedom from racism. I don't want my daughters to face the types of issues that their Daddy did. I want them to have the freedom to be proud of who they are, and what they stand for. I don't want them to have to answer questions about why
each one of them is different? Or are they all "really"
sisters? I want them to be seen for who they are as
INDIVIDUALS.
Each one of them was created in the eyes of a loving God, He blessed me with all of them - to love and to raise in His likeness. My dream today is for each one of them to be treated as children of God, by not only me but in the world we live in as well. For them to be treated as equals and not judged due to the color of their skin or who their father
is or the transgressions of their mother.
I dream and pray that each one of them
will experience this freedom in their life.
I love each of them too much to stand back
and watch this happen.

Text on Picture:
I have a dream that one day this nation
will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by
the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today!
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted,
and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked
places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shallbe revealed and all flesh shall see it together." I have a dream today!!
(parts of Martin Luther King Jr - I had a Dream Speech)

Credits:
Paper - Solid and Understated by TaylorMade Designs at Oscraps
WordArt - Compulsive Entitlement Title Art by TaylorMade Designs at Oscraps
Graphic Flair Brushes by Sweet Genevieve Sass at Oscraps
Title Font - Michelle Coleman Handstamped Alpha (freebie)
Fonts: Type Right! and Jane Austen

Picture of hands - stock photo from http://www.sxc.hu/
Blended Picture - Google Image Search
N
sigh... i've been waiting for this layout to pop up here. wow... this is just unbelievable. that picture is just AMAZING and you *know* how i feel about the journaling. so beautifully written. man... i read it again and now i'm *crying* again!!! eeek!

WOW! Not only is this a beautiful page. The journaling is powerful and heart felt. Krista this is fabulous!

KRISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! You sooo rawk, my darling!! You couldn't have said it any better!! so wonderful to feel this LO...to really get it!! If only everyone would get it!! I love you!!!

Krista, it's wonderful.
Your journaling is just what it should be, not childish or anything ... just perfect
And I so hope you are heard !
(((hugs)))

Omigosh, this is really beautiful, Krista! And I SO remember seeing this one in the SUAS gallery for week 1, too! :)

This LO is absolute great and the journaling is deep from your heart ! Wonderful job :)

Layout information

Category
TaylorMade Designs
Added by
Myoldanlac
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout