Oscraps

Inspiration
sondie

Inspiration

Definetely a different take on the ADSR challenge #6, but well worth the thought and inspiration. I've been meaning to journal this for awhile and this was just the push I needed to finally get it done. Thanks Christy for the challenge!

Credits:
Merkeley Designs Garden Inspirations Papers available at OScraps
Merekey Designs Spunky Sticks Flower & Stitching available at OScraps
Marcie Reckinger Peeled and Revealed Set3d available at FPD
Traci Murphy Drop Shadows Set #3 & 5 & PNR Shadow Actions

Fonts:
DJB A Little Bit of Flare
DJB Elicia
DJB Messie Amanda
Fonts by Darcy Baldwin available at thedigichick.com

Journaling:
I am with you always.
Matthew 28:20

Many people in your life tell you that they are there for you in time need. Ive had many friends tell me this very thing. Ive found that life tosses you waves and you can choose to ride the wave or drown in the undercurrent of lifes trials. The one and only thing that I have found is truly consistent is this very promise from Jesus that He is always with me. No matter the storm my health, family, marriage, financial,, my kids. He is there walking right alongside me and picks me up when I can no longer carry my own burden.

I found this truth out on March 25, 2004. Its even marked and highlighted in my bible. This was the very last thought as I was wheeled into surgery to have my right thyroid removed. I was just shy
of 30 years old with a husband and two young toddler boys. We didnt know if it was cancer or not. We wouldnt know for sure until a few days after the surgery when all the tests came back. I was scared. Afraid I was going to die and leave behind my two little boys and young husband all alone. Would I still have my voice to sing? Their were risks for the surgery, damage to my parathyroid and voicebox. Not to mention the scar it would leave across my neck. Would I still be pretty?

During the weeks proceeding my surgery, I cried out to the Lord. Not in frustration or with a closed fist asking Why??, But with an open heart seeking answers as to what HE was working in my life. It was then that I submitted. Wholeheartedly giving my life to God for whatever purpose He was fulfilling through this storm that was brought into my life. Was it to bring Gene closer to Him? Was it to show an example of my faith in the Lord? Did I need to learn something. Many people commented on how i was handling everything. Even my pastor asked me how I was handling things so well. My answer was by the grace of God?. I realized that He ultimately was in control.

In His promise to always be with me, I found the strength to look for the blessings in all that happens. Sometimes you have to look hard
for them and sometimes they are easily recognized. I learned that God will never let go of me. Even when I stray, He stays close and patiently waits for me. I have fallen many times. But I keep getting back up and with his grace...He restores me. This is what I want to pass down to my boys. I want them to know that God will never leave them and always knows what is best for them. It took me a long tim to learn this and I hope that I can leave this legacy to them as well. I strive everyday to show this trust in the Lord in my life and to always look for the blessings in everything.
Sondie
August 5, 2007
oh my gosh Sondie this is so touching and your journaling speaks from the heart. Great job on this challenge my friend.

This is lovely Sondie. What a beautiful testimony. Thanks for sharing with us.

N
I love this so much Sondie. The colours, but most of all the journalling. So heartfelt.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
sondie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout