Oscraps

In My Backyard
Miki

In My Backyard

Anna Aspnes
Artplay Palette Take Flight (paper, transfers, branch, button) (on sale July 12-18) Artplay Palette Take Flight
Artsy Paints 7 (on sale July 12-18) Artsy Paints 7
Take Flight 1 (on sale July 12-18) Take Flight 1
Button Threadz 2 Button Threadz 2
Artplay Palette Abrazo (butterfly) Artplay Palette Abrazo
Artplay Palette Meadow (deer) Artplay Palette Meadow
A Year of Artplay May 2017 A Year of Artplay May 2017

Process
Solid paper 4 from APP Take Flight was used as the foundation for the page. It was duplicated with the blending mode changed to multiply. Four different Artsy Paints 7 png files were layered over the photo. Once the photo was covered, it was duplicated 3 more times and clipped to the Artsy Paints 7 png files. The layers were merged and the merged layers were duplicated with the blending mode changed to hard light. The layer was duplicated again (normal blending mode). Using some of the techniques taught in A Year of Artplay May 2017 (finding edges, applying different blending modes) more depth and dimension were created. Another png file from Artsy Paints was placed on the top layer with the blending mode change to color burn darkened the white flowers. An artsy paper was clipped to a brush from Take Flight 1, duplicated two times with the blending mode changed to linear burn to add some color to the brush. The deer was highlighted and on a separate new layer, filled with black paint. A piece of an artsy paper from the kit was clipped to the silhouette of the deer. Embellishments were added to complete the page.

Thank you for looking!
I simple adore that you pushed an element to overlap the masked image! That right there took this page to a whole new level! Fantastic!

Even though these are not poppies, I am getting a Wizard Of Oz feel from this, which I love. Makes me want to yawn widely and settle into the flowers and gaze up at the summer sky.... Of course the little deer at bottom right is making his way up to chomp everything down.... No such thing as a peaceable kingdom anymore!

So, I've got a vision of you lying flat on the grass with your camera pointed up to get this wonderful shot... I love it!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout