Oscraps

I Will Not Live A Long Life (AnnaColor Challenge)
hoodsmom

I Will Not Live A Long Life (AnnaColor Challenge)

Journaling:
I couldnt bring myself to read When Breath Becomes Air - Too depressing.
Then I ran into an essay in the New York Times titled A Gay Husband, a Dire Diagnosis and the Best-Laid Plans by Danielle Peress.
I thought itd be the authors ex who was ill.
But this woman probably wont be alive two years from now.
I felt sad for Dr. Peress. I poked around the internet for old images of the city I myself trained in. I considered missed opportunities.
The essay was not depressing.

Credits:
Anna Aspnes and NBK Designs
Look for the entire essay by Dr. Peress in the 11/9/2017 New York Times
Image Credits: The Wellcome Collection

Fonts (both available at dafont.com)
Impronta (for title)
Aracne Ultra Condensed (for background)

and Arial Narrow for journaling
What a wonderful way to journal. I love how you placed pieces of the journaling throughout your layout and caught our eye with the big dots. The subtle pinks and brown are so striking against the soft gray background. Love this layout!!!

This is beautiful. Just found the essay through Google and read it--thank you so much for sharing. Very profound, and exquisitely portrayed in your artwork.

Congratulations! Your page has been featured on the Gallery Standouts blog today.
http://gallerystandouts.com/fingerpointing/

I read the article after seeing your page on the GSO site, so brave of the writer sharing her life and prognosis. A powerful page for sure!

Congratulations on the GSO. Beautiful work. I went to read the article. It's quite a story. I like how you've used the dots to draw attention to your own thoughts.

congratulation on the gso.
love your journeling and use of text/fonts.
artistic take on the color challenge.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
hoodsmom
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout