Oscraps

Highclere Castle aka Downton Abbey
B

Highclere Castle aka Downton Abbey

Journaling: Mom and Dad surprised Autumn and Sophia with a visit to Highclere Castle towards the end of their trip to Europe. Being fans of the program for years, they were thrilled for the chance to see where the fictional Crawleys and their servants lived.

AnnaRelease 15 June 2012AnnaRelease15June2012

ArtPlay Palette Great OutdoorsArtPlayPaletteGreatOutdoors
Outdoor WordTransfers No. 1OutdoorsWordTransfersNo.1

Additional Supplies:
ArtsyPaint No. 15ArtsyPaintNo.15
ArtsyStains No. 7ArtsyStainsNo.7
PaperTextures No. 7PaperTexturesNo.7
Spackle Textured No. 8SpackleTexturesNo.8
TapedTextures No. 9TapedTexturesNo.9
Photos: Jackie Houston Reed
Fonts: The Treasured Years and Traveling Typewriter

Notes: Artsy paper 3 as the foundation for the page, I added a transfer to the right side of the page. Stacking several artsy paints and creating a mask, I clipped the main photo to it. I duplicated the photo and blended to Overlay.

Underneath in the layers panel, I used the stains on the left half of the page in green, then adding the title. I slipped in the word art also.

Over the main photo I placed the paper textures at the top and bottom and the tape at the right side, and blended to Linear Burn. Adding the spackle textures along the left edge and over the the main photo, also blended to Linear Burn.

Using the mask brush in the kit and clipped the castle photo to it after making it black and white and adding the date they visited. Using a mask that is retired and resizing, I clipped the girls to it.

I finished the page with the dimensional elements.
Awesome surprise! You rock. This is exciting even for the bystander.

Fabullous - I got to visit last August and loved every minute of it. Great page. Brings back great memories.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout