Oscraps

Hello Summer_Meadow_Joan Robillard 600.jpg
Joansmor

Hello Summer_Meadow_Joan Robillard 600.jpg

Inspiration – when I saw the main colors of this palette I realized they would go good with some pictures I got my Grand niece to take with my cellphone. She can climb up on the pool deck – a little too much for me on a hot day.

Start – New>File 12x12 300

Mask – Added Multilayered Fotoblendz 8.5 to the page and put them in a group, after adding a photo I colored the other layers to match the photo

Photo – attached a photo to the mask layer using Layer>Create Clipping Mask

Papers – First I placed Solid Paper 4 above the background layer. I duplicated it with Blend Mode Multiply. Next, I added Artsy Paper 1 with Multiply Blend Mode and added a mask to which I applied a black and white gradient. I duplicated this layer and changed it to Lighter Color and changed the gradient mode to be on the diagonal. I wanted to lighten the papers some so I added Solid Paper 1 above the overs with Divide Blend Mode.

Element Cluster – Started with Multimedia Flower4.3 and I duplicated it with Blend Mode Multiply to make it stand out more against the papers. Next, I added the Leaf and the bee. I placed the banner under the leaf. I used the Intertwine method to wrap it around the leaf. Then I selected the top bow on the banner and created a new leaf which I filled with green-blue and set the Blend Mode to Linear Light. Lastly added the word strip “More Summer Please” to the cluster I added a shadow on a separate layer and used the warp tool to make the end pop over the cluster. I added drop shadows to everything that didn’t have one.

Transfer - I took two layers from Artsy Layer 1 and added them to the page using Blend Mode color dodge. Overlay 1 was placed in the lower right corner.

Brush 16 – was placed over my grandniece’s head in white. Added splatters in the upper right and lower left-hand corner to enforce the diagonal theme.

Words – word transfer "easy" placed over my grandniece’s feet with a darker color blend mode. Then word art hello summer inverted to white is my title.
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: zlemon and bcazzell
Awesome summer photo and page. The blending and cluster are super. I always learn something when reading the description of your creative steps. ♥

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename