Oscraps

Happy Ending
Kathryn

Happy Ending

http://www.scrappity-doo-dah.com/store/product.php?productid=8810&cat=36&page=1January Mega Grab Bag Collab by the SDD Designers.
Font: Just Realize

Alpha: Cuddlebeez

Right before her senior year, Lindsay was ready to buy a car. She had saved enough money babysitting and working at Macaroni Grill to have a significant down payment. Even her dad was surprised at how much she had. The two of them went car shopping and after several days, she settled on a very clean, pre-owned, green Honda Accord with low mileage from a reputable dealer. She was able to get a loan for the rest of the purchase price and was very happy. For a few weeks, anyway.

One day, while she was babysitting for her piano teacher, a Hillsborough County Sheriff came to our door looking for her. We were understandably concerned. The sheriff went to the piano teachers home and confiscated the car. Her car, unbeknownst to anyone, was considered evidence in a car thief ring. The car was taken to the local sheriffs office and Lindsay was left with no car.

It is difficult to express the exasperation and helplessness we all felt, or to count the number of phone calls made. We even called the local television consumer rep. The sheriffs office could give very little information except to say that the VIN number had been changed. The dealer did not know. For several weeks we sought resolution from the dealer, insurance, Somebody! It was obviously the responsibility of the dealer to sell a car with a clear title, but we got nowhere. Tony made several attempts to speak to the owner of the dealership, but was always buffered. Finally, he called the owner at home. Interestingly, the owner was unaware that the situation had not been resolved. He made phone calls and told Lindsay to go to the dealership and select a new car. She was able to get a brand new Honda Accord, with more extras, for the same price as the five year old car she had originally purchased. . . a happy ending to a frustrating ordeal.
Wow, what a story. I'm glad the owner was flexible and *nice* about it. I can't imagine the anxiety your daughter went through--all that money from all that hard work gone!

I hope she still has the same car. :)

whoa! what an adventure! so wonderful that you made this great
age to document the story!

H
WOOOHOOOOOO!!! Well.....as you can tell by my username....I drive no other brand :) So sticking with the Honda was a fab decision.....and YAY on that owner...He did the right thing...actually way beyond....that makes you feel good that there are people out there willing to help. I know Honda Corp would love to hear that story!!! (I worked for a Honda dealer for 10 years) I am so happy that your daughter's efforts to be a responsible young lady did not get thrown out of the window by having it all yanked away.

BTW...this page is fabulous all around!!!!!!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Kathryn
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout