Oscraps

Happiness Is . . .
B

Happiness Is . . .

Journaling: This quilt should have been finished years ago, but circumstances didnt allow that. Jackie pieced this quilt and gave it to me to quilt. I hadnt quilted in years and I was worried about how my stitches would look, would they be as even and uniform as they used to be? I love hand quilting, its soothing and calms my busy mind and I wanted to give it a go again. So putting it in my quilt stand and clamping it down with the hoop, I sat down and got started. I would only sit at it in fits and starts and for months it would just stand there without a stitch added to it. I felt guilty, Jackie was waiting for it to be finished. It should have taken 3 or 4 months.

My favorite place to quilt is my office sitting on the daybed with the floor lamp next to me while watching Midsommer Murders. I am addicted to that program. Quilts have memories attached to them, and this one is no different. Two month old Maxwell blessed my life and he loved sitting atop the hoop watching me work at my desk, and it was a good place to nap also. Until one day he had gotten too big and heavy for the hoop to hold him. It tilted and he went flying off much to his shock and horror. He tried one more time after I leveled it, but alas it was not to be. He had to content himself with the daybed.

FotoInspired DoubleTemplate No. 86FotoInspiredDouleTemplateNo.86
ArtPlay MiniPalette Vibrant (Retired)
ArtsyPaint No. 11ArtsyPaintNo.11
Stitched by Anna Borders No. 3StitchedbyAnnaBordersNo.3
WarmGlows No. 1WarmGlowsNo.1
WarmGlows No. 7WarmGlowsNo.7
Autumn WordART No. 7AutumnWordARTNo.7
TapedTextures No. 2TapedTexturesNo.2
ButtonThreadz No. 3ButtonThreadzNo.3
Photos: Mine

Notes: After opening the template page, I clipped my photos and recolored the rest of the blocks with colors from the quilt and used glows to make a couple of the photos a little more vibrant. Underneath these layers I used the artsy paint brushes and a couple of transfers. I doctored up the color blocks with brushes from the kit and added the leaf brush over the foliage photo.

I added the stitched border over the background work. Finally the dimensional elements and title were added to the page.
Love this page. Great title and placement!

Make me think of my sister who , since about two years, was suddenly caught by the "quilt-virus" and is making some very nice things. Have to make some photos to remember that.

A great collection of "happy" photos--looks as if your cat, Maxwell had some happy times there, too. Did you finish it?
The various stitches really complete your wonderful page on quilting.

Awesome photos and page ... Years ago I made a quilt ... one is enough :) but I loved the result ...
Loved reading your yournaliing ...

Beautiful page! I love the photos and story. I don't quilt, but I do have 2 kitties who each have their own small blankies. And they both want to be on a blankie on the couch with me so I only get one third of it to sit on.

Marvelous journaling and photo documentation of your quilting adventures! PS I'm a Midsommer Murders fan too...love all the British mysteries!

Beautiful "piecing" using the template. A happy quilt page, so full of the warmth of home (and kitty).

Love your choice of colors ... perfect for a quilt! I admire your skill for hand quilting, something I'm terrible at! Wonderful page and journaling!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout